PLEASE NOTE: Two Bugs and a Bean is currently on a BUYING BREAK. This means we are not reviewing clothing and shoes for purchase for resale. This is so we can prepare all of our spring and summer inventory for sale. We will continue to consider furniture and baby gear on Saturdays only. Please watch this website and our Facebook page for updates.
As a not-for-profit organization, Two Bugs and a Bean thrives on and loves high-quality donations, but as a resale boutique, Two Bugs and a Bean often buys items from customers. Because reselling has been so popular with our customers, it is necessary that we require items brought to us for resale follow some very specific guidelines.
Two Bugs and a Bean currently is reviewing items for resale. Please note: we will only accept items as space allows. If our “drop-off” shelves become full, we may not accept additional items for review. To be certain we are taking items in, feel free to telephone us at (618) 529-5558.
Clothing and shoes brought into for resale:
- Must be neatly folded in a clean, plastic tote with a TIGHT-FITTING lid. No boxes, garbage bags, laundry baskets, etc. Lids must fit securely on their own – not taped, bungy-corded and not bulging because of over-filling.
- Totes larger than 18-gallon (the size of a laundry basket – about 24” by 19” and 16” tall) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ONLY ONE TOTE per customer at a time.
- Absolutely no garage sale stickers, safety pins or hangers.
- Outfits should be folded together.
- Items should be freshly laundered, completely buttoned, snapped and zipped. They should be free of lint, pet hair and any odors. IF YOUR TOTE OR ITEMS LOOK OR SMELL LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN IN STORAGE, ARE NOT NEATLY FOLDED OR HAVE ANY ODOR, THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Baby gear presented for resale must:
- Be demonstrably complete and in working order WITH BATTERIES. (You will be expected to assemble and demonstrate your item.)
- BE CLEAN and include all parts.
PLEASE NOTE: BABY GEAR AND FURNITURE IS REVIEWED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE SEND A TEXT MESSAGE TO 618-203-0167.
We do not purchase these items
- Bath Tubs
- Diaper Disposal systems
- Breast pumps
- Potty Chairs
- Car Safety Seats
- Stuffed animals
- Most toys
We will have you complete a “Buying Agreement” and ask that you leave your items for review (please allow one complete week for review). Following review, you will be sent a text message with an offer for your items. Offers are based upon our experiences, item type, age, condition, quality and current inventory.
Please note, we often only purchase a specific season and may occasionally take a break from buying because of inventory or other factors. Again, we will only accept items as space allows. If our “drop-off” shelves become full, we may not accept additional items for review. To be certain we are taking items in, feel free to telephone us at (618) 529-5558. Once we review items, we will text you with an offer. You may choose to receive a store credit or be paid via check. Offers of store credits will be greater than offers of payment by check.
Sellers must respond to offers within 24 hours and return within ONE WEEK to pick up payment, totes and any items not purchased by Two Bugs and a Bean. Items (including totes) not picked up within one week will be donated to an outside charity and sellers will be mailed a store credit for the items purchased.
These guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for supporting Two Bugs and a Bean and the Foster Family Resource Center of Southern Illinois.